Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off if you do not know how to remove your grille, see my Kuma's How To LED Park light's (Link)

Okay if your crazy like me and would like to know how to re-attach your grille here is how you do it!

First remove all these clips from the vehicle! 4 on top, 2 under each light and 1 in the middle!

Now it's easy but takes some patience... The clips need to be put into each of the holes on the grille and then the whole grille just pushed back into place on the car!

Take the clip in some pliers like so...

Try to keep the pliers back as far as you can on the clip because you need to squeeze and turn at the same time

Once you got the squares matched and pushed through, turn it so the wings match up...

Should look like this!

Front looks like this

Somtimes its easier with your fingers and sometimes its not, I find it easy to start with the pliers and easier to turn with my fingers

Once done re-align all the clips with their appropriate holes and just kind of push the grille in!

Take care to make sure you get them all in, I found the two far sides under the lights a little difficult, if you don't get them all the way in it might drive you crazy when the grille starts making noise on the trail

All done!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice write up. If you break all those annoying tabs off, zip ties work just as well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
hey how do you take the silver piece in the middle out? its it just a yank off sort of thing or is their clips? lemme know. haha. i would like to paint my plastics. oh yeah what color is the
OEM paint color? i want it to look original.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was gonna mention zip ties too lol

@20cc the silver bar has 2 or three screw in the back that remove it from the grill.

I used bedliner on the grill and vht silver brake caliper paint on the bar. Most people think I never painted it in the 1st place

*no thread jackin inteded good writeup man. I broke all my clips when taking mine off lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah I zip tied mine back on. Do they make aftermarket clips?

-clayboy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, but I am having a VERY difficult time getting the grille off to start with. Any help is much appreciated. 2003 Xterra SE

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,632 Posts
Turn the connector head until it lines up with the hole, square peg in a square hole, and pull out on that portion of the grill. Repeat until all the fasteners are removed.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,027 Posts
I hate those stupid things!

I bought these and had to make small modifications to allow the captured nuts to fit correctly. The only issue is that the screws are aluminum and 3 have already twisted in two. At least the nuts are steel, so I should be able to find stainless steel or brass screws at the hardware store.

You can see the red heads holding the grille in place here:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts