Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a million threads on this issue but none ive seen have adressed this. Has anyone tried to access the sensor from the front. Im not talking about trying to unplug it or remove it. Im talking about putting a prybar or screw driver against it and smaking that little shit with a hammer. I imagine if you can break the plastic enough you could just pull the harness up with the plug intact and just unplug it then. I checked it out today and after removing my s/c tensioner bracket and with the help of my phones camera i was able to get a prybar against it i just didnt have room to swing the hammer. I bet if i pull the fan and drop the radiator down a little id be in the money. Thoughts? And before anyone says it. Id prefer not to cut my harness unless i have to.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You don't have to cut it, you can buy the ends then unlatch them from the harness and install the new ones. Thats what i did with mine, 100% reversible if i ever take the plenum off and want to move it back.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,315 Posts
You don't have to cut it, you can buy the ends then unlatch them from the harness and install the new ones. Thats what i did with mine, 100% reversible if i ever take the plenum off and want to move it back.
Do this un pin them from the old connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts