Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the "bible" for the anti-ORV community or "trail nazis" as I like to call them. This highlights the guidelines they follow when they launch an assault on our public lands to get us banned/shut down. The remark about the import community being detrimental to the economy is absolutely absurd. I think I puked a little trying to stomach my way through it.

http://www.gkma.ca/GKMA/SierraClubORVHandbook.pdf

·
Registered
145 Posts
That was the most idiotic handbook I think I have read in a few decades,

"A 1980 Bureau of Land Management final environmental
impact statement identified the following resources as being negatively affected by ORVs: air quality, soil, vegetation,
wildlife, visual quality, cultural resources, Native American values, wilderness, recreation, and livestock grazing."

A little outdated aren't we?

"The noise level generated by a single
motorcycle is approximately 10,000,000 times greater than that experienced by a person in a quiet suburban residential
area."

Prove it. Lawnmowers, airliners on approach, these things are 10,000,000 times quieter than a dirt bike?
Sorry, but calling these folks trail nazis is a misnomer, the nazis at least had tanks.
Weren't they delegated as a eco-terrorist organization?

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
"ORV riding preempts and drives out the activities that are
quieter, less consumptive and more contemplative."

Ahh.. thinking in the woods. great stuff when you smoke weed like these tree-huggers!

.. stupid ass mcbitches!

·
Registered
169 Posts
"The noise level generated by a single
motorcycle is approximately 10,000,000 times greater than that experienced by a person in a quiet suburban residential
area."

Prove it. Lawnmowers, airliners on approach, these things are 10,000,000 times quieter than a dirt bike?
You can't prove bullshit. Speaking of which, maybe we should try to get Penn & Teller's Bullshit to look into this. They love tearing into people who think their shit doesn't stink. plus their show usually has full frontal female nudity which is usually a plus. =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts