Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I turned off my X after a drive and my doors locked instantly. I used the switch on the driver's side arm rest to unlock the car and it unlocked all doors. Once out side the car I used my key fob to lock all the doors, however if I use the key fob to unlock the vehicle, the only door that unlocks is the driver's door. If I use the key in the door it will unlock all the doors but will only lock the driver's door. When I press the key fob, I can hear clicking under the dash. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the fix?

P.S. It will unlock the vehicle from the trunk hatch with the key but will only lock the hatch when turned counter clockwise.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The double tap open on the fob wont unlock all the doors?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I took the door panel off and all the connections appear to be connected. It has been raining and there is a bit of moisture in the bottom of the door. I decided to run the car with the doors closed and the heater on to maybe dry the door out. With my second fob I went to lock the car while the engine is running and all the locks work with the fob.

Is it possible I have an issue with my ACC switch in the ignition? When I turned off the ignition the doors locked again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After taking the door panel and the rear hatch panel off and pulling the SECU and reinstalling everything. IT all works again. It is possible something got wet as it was raining the past few days and taking everything apart allowed it to dry. I hope this is a one time thing...

·
Registered
248 Posts
wow! glad you got it sorted out. I am in a similar situation but my factory alarm keeps going off randomly and have not been able to figure it out. Its pretty dry where I live so I am not sure if water or moisture is the issue.

what is the "SECU"?

I am at a loss and thinking of just disconnecting my horn which would still have the alarm work but I would stop the 3am wake ups, but that would leave me without a horn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts