Nissan XTerra Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll second the Yakima rack choice. They clamp well to the rack (2006 Xt) and with the cleats, my 16 foot canvas-covered, cedar-ribbed canoe hardly moves at all. I occasionally load a mountain bike on top so I can bicycle back from the take-out spot while drifting a river.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No rack, just some foam noodles, 2 ratchet straps, and a string. KISS engineering at it's best.

I have a J hook system for two yaks. If it's just me, it looks like taking them off and doing the pool noodle thingy is the way to go. Right? Where are you attaching the bow and stern ties?

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SE 4x4 M/T 3.3L
116 Posts
I forget who makes these. Apologies, I couldn't find any definitive make and model markings on them. I've had them for about 15 years and they've always worked great. I carried as many as three kayaks with them. Not super easy to load, but I muscle them up there. I've covered thousands of miles with this configuration with no issues. I like them in the fact that the hoops just flip up when you need them, and fold back down when you don't. A must as far as I'm concerned if you park in the garage.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts