Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoodDay to you all,

I'm looking for a solid kayak rack that can hold two kayaks. I only ride about 2-3 times a year and often I'm in a canoe and don't need a rack for that so I'm looking for something either used or more affordable than a new Thule/Yakima "J-rack" for $150-$180each (totaling over $300 for 2 kayaks).

I've heard talk about a "stock/dealer" rack that is a center mount can strap down 2 kayaks on there sides but haven't been able to find it.

If anyone has any good links/pictures of somthing that would work I would appreciate it.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try this:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/xterra...accessories/canoe-and-kayak/-c-532_3_104.html

You can probably take the part name and do an ebay search and possibly find them cheaper as well.
FYI:
I bought this rack and used it a few times this summer.

For the money I would have to say it's worth it, but if you use it more than 2-3 times / year, I would recommend spending more and going with a more quality rack.

my biggest problem was that the allen wrench needed to mount/unmount the rack is easy to loose and takes forever.
also, the plastic parts seem like they're going to snap at any minute... but so do the mounts that hold the cross bars on the stock xterra roof rack.

overall, i'm pleased with it for what I use it for.

Thanks again for the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts