Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Xterra owner, just bought it in August and it needed its 90k service, and i'm a strong believer in fresh fluids. I had my trans flushed as part of the service, along with the transfer case, diffs, and engine oil. All is good except for this little slippage that happens every now and again when i'm turning and accelerating, and when its slowing down to a near crawl at stop light. It happens pretty rarely and I tried to see if I could force it and I couldn't. Is this normal because of viscosity differences and it's getting "used" to the new fluid, or should I take it back to the shop to see whats going on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it were me I'd take it back and ask. If your X didn't do this before the fluid change, I would think it shouldn't start now.

Just my $.02, Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's a 2011 and I really don't want transmission issues as that's why I got rid of my last car in the first place. Though, if I do end up having issues with it, I'm definitely gonna fix it because I love my X.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it back to the shop, they said they under filled the trans by a quart and fixed it, and checked the diff and transfer case all free of charge, drives just fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts