Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my 2006 Xterra S, I have heard of the problem with the coolant and trans. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Also, I think I have the bad fuel sensor but no recall on it. I didn't get the code but it said it was a bad fuel arm or something like that. What would be the best course of action?
Thanks, Nick

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
The trans computer is deep inside the trans and has no cover on it because trans oil is non conductive so nothing shorts out the computer,enter a little antifreeze which is conductive and the computer is trash.I would call Nissan with vin # and see what has done .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will look into that, thank you for your help and advice. If this was a problem that was taken care of already, what should I do? Same for if it wasn't done, what should I do? I have looked into in and found that there are no open recalls and I know the air bag thing was an issue but was fixed.
Thanks again,
Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I looked into it, It had the front airbag crash sensor taken care in 2009 of along with the ECM relay done in 2013.
Hi, is there anyway that you can take a picture of your engine area,namely those two hoses that goes into the firewall leading to the heater core,I'm having a antifreeze leak and since we have the same vehicle (model &year) I just wanted to make sure that my hoses look the same as yours. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.