Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So when I bought my 02 Xterra, the heater wasn't working cause the heater hose going through the firewall was damaged (Heater Hose cracked). I installed a new set of heater hoses.

I'm just curious if anyne can show or tell me what hoses in the engine bay hook up to the heater hose coming through the firewall? Reason I'm asking is cause now with the heater on, I'm barely getting any heat. Basically only getting heat when my foots on the gas, plus with the heater on the car starts to smell like radiator fluid.

There's no leaks in the heater hose, im thinking I have it hooked up wrong or my heater core is broken

·
Registered
6 Posts
You still have an air pocket in a heater hose/core , causing the poor heating issue. Make sure the radiator is full, it will usually work its way out on its own.

You may be smelling coolant spilled from the repair; either near the HVAC intake on the cowl, or inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do the hoses on the engine side run too. Cause from the look of my Xterra, it looks like the previous owner tampered with it.

For instance: heater core to heater hose to fire wall, from there I would need to know. Photos would be great

Does it matter which hose goes to the upper heater hose or lower heater hose?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like he broke the heater core plastic and bypassed it ,do you have heat ?
When you refer to the heater core plastic, do u mean the (2) heater plastic hose that goes though the firewall. Those were the (2) plastic hoses I changed out. They are brand new.

With those installed, I'm getting minor heat (gets hotter when I push on the gas). That would be fine with me but I'm smelling fresh antifreeze every time I turn the car on and the heater gets hot.

Is my heater core bad? or did I hook up the rubber heater hose on the engine side wrong (does a certain hose hook up to the upper or lower heater plastic hose going through the firewall)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts