Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's got a lotta miles (180k), but was a very well taken care of single owner vehicle. I pick it up later this week. I've got a decent list of immediate projects
- timing belt, H20 pump
- the various hoses under/around the intake manifold
- valve cover gasgets
- I think there's a leak near the power steering pump
- plugs, wires, cap & rotor

need to get it up to speed and be confident in it...it's going to take a 3k mile trip towing a trailer in a few weeks.

Thanks for everyone's help in learning about the car and what to look for.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome! The PS leak is probably the hose connecting the reservoir to the pump. Mine leaked and I replaced the clamp and hose, no leak...also change all coolant hoses when you do the TB, you'll have all the radiator ones off anyway...
Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! The PS leak is probably the hose connecting the reservoir to the pump. Mine leaked and I replaced the clamp and hose, no leak.
I've seen some discussion of it being a high-pressure fitting, needs a press to put it on, etc etc....did I misunderstand? Would a new hose (~20$) and a pair of standard host clamps do it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
The hose on the bottom of the reservoir is not high pressure...now if that hose isn't leaking, then the high pressure hose going to the gearbox might be, but the one going from the reservoir is just a regular hose and clamp

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts