Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum but not to the X.

I am the original owner to a 2000, 4x4 w/ ~65,000 miles.

Looks like there's lots of good info here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the story:

Yes, ~65k original miles. When I purchased this machine, I knew it was going to be a keeper. Sure, it has seen its fair share of regular wear and tear during its early years. Eventually, it became the third vehicle (as needed) and for Weekend Recreation.

It has performed impeccably up until recently... (keep reading)

It is all original except for the tires and shocks.

Pics: [White Xterra SE]

I had just finished replacing the shocks (long overdue) and took a smooth ride out to the ranch for testing. All was well until the next day. I would say it was a half hour into a morning drive when I started feeling it misfire. It was especially apparent during acceleration. It was really beginning to bog down. I thought I was lucky to get it home.

After reading the codes off the engine light (knock sensor), and doing some research, I replaced the knock sensor, plugs, timing belt, water pump, belts, PCV,... mostly just because I was in there.

It started right up and purred like a kitten until I drove it around. It's still doing the same thing (bogging down). There is no engine light and no codes (0505). So, I'll be doing some research here within the repair forum.

Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm am located in South Texas. ..."Laredo".

If I can get my X running the way it should, I'll be looking to "dress" her up. It's about time (She's 10 years old). I hope I can still find a winch bumber. I know it will be all that more difficult considering I waited so long.

Thanks again for the welcome.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Welcome from Ky!

Another OG '00 X owner! Of course, mine has twice as many miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts