Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I've got a starter question. I'm in texas and weather went cold on us and my battery was drained. Got it charged, started, ran fine for next two weeks (weather warmed up), got cold again, and no start. But my battery is charged still, charged again just in case. I was getting only one click sound when I turned the key, I than jumped the solenoid on the starter , it turned over, and I was able to start it. It works all day, but once I leave it over night I have to jump the starter again in the morning. I'm not sure what I should check next, any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
How old is the battery? Battery could be getting tired and not able to get a cold engine moving. Check its voltage after sitting all night.
Also, if you can jump the solenoid, replace it. You'll probably have to pull the starter off to do so. Might not be easy to do, but the trouble shooting is pretty straight forward on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is about a year old, I'll have to check the voltage in the morn. But thanks for the reply has me on track

1 - 5 of 5 Posts