Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a 2004 Nissan Xterra with the vg33. Its currently having a misfire and it marks the codes p0303 and p0456. p0456 was there a few weeks before the misfire started. Weird thing is that it misfire sometimes when I start it after just driving it (like went to the store for a bit and came back in a few minutes). The misfire will happen for about a minute, then goes away. But misfire only happens sometimes. Just a quick note, it also has the code p0420 which is it needs a catalytic converter but it’s been there for over a year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Someone else may have a better idea, but potentially a leaky injector is filling up that cylinder, and could have helped cause that p0420 if it’s been going on a while.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would measure the injectors resistance first. If all of them are ok, which they probably aren’t, then I’d lift the rail and check for leakage at the tips

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
yeah, as blackberry said check the injectors, but how old are your plugs and wires? also p0456 is small evap leak which could be a bad ore loose gas cap or a small hole in a vacuum hose or one that's loose a bit, easy way to check for vacuum leaks is the saefoam treatment run it through brake booster line can find vacuum leaks well

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just replaced the spark plug, spark plug wires and injector on that cylinder. Only time will tell now if it’s really fixed or not. It’s running fine as of right now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts