Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,025 Posts
The valuable lesson I've learned at this point is that I will make sure to get an agreement in writing if I ever loan my car again
I would’ve taken a different lesson out of this. My wife and I bicker about this from time to time. I like all of my vehicles(that I care about) to have full coverage for this reason. Every time she reviews our policy, she’ll change whatever I’m driving to liability only. Then I see it eventually and restore full coverage. She wants to save that $9 a month or whatever it costs. I want to get that $1200 check if the car flips over. Both sides make sense I guess

we still love you and we still love your xterra but my best advice in this situation would be not to sacrifice a friendship over a crappy car. You obviously have a good friendship to help these people out this way. You’re smart enough to know the risk. Relationships are hard to build these days and I wouldn’t necessarily throw this one out the window because of something nobody wanted to happen

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quick question: Are the outside mirrors heated or not?

From what I can tell, they aren't. If that's the case, are there any recommendations on heated mirrors? (I can do the wiring no problem.)

·
Registered
2004 xterra 6cyl 3.3L (160k miles) & 2003 xterra 6cyl 3.3L (dead engine)
95 Posts
Quick question: Are the outside mirrors heated or not?

From what I can tell, they aren't. If that's the case, are there any recommendations on heated mirrors? (I can do the wiring no problem.)
Just curious... Who are you asking?

·
Registered
2004 Xterra SE V6 M/T
47 Posts
I've already sent a PM, for sure!

Mine was getting better until this happened, but now I have more options since spending some money is imminent. Right now I'm licking my wounds. I'll come out of this stronger and better, or so I'm told.

;)

That's a question I was gonna ask, too.
I don't think this guy is around anymore, but I've been through his thread a couple of times. He did a 4wd swap though and you have everything! Linking the thread below.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I thought I should bring y'all up to speed on a situation with my Xterra.

I spoke with my buddy 1-on-1 and he told me straight up that the damage is his to make good on. I accepted his statement as being the right thing to do, and because he's my long-time friend, I'm gonna go half-and-half with him on the cost of the parts.

That day, we parted still best of friends. For me, that was a Win.

That also means I've decided to fix the rig, at least for now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Parts are arriving!

Parts here:
Bumper, grille, lower valance, both headlights, left side marker.

Parts ordered, pending arrival:
Right side marker, mirror (power, paintable).

Repairs are expected to begin this weekend.

·
Registered
2001 Nis Xterra XE 3.3 V6 Auto 4WD Blue
19 Posts
Man that is rough, I agree keeping friends helps but one should always be responsible for your actions. I am glad everyone is good and the truck is getting put back together.

Reactions: MeToo
21 - 28 of 28 Posts