Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Check Engine light keeps coming on and when diagnosed it tells me that Catalytic Converter (B2) is bad. I am told that the 2004 3.3L modem has 4 converters. I need t know which one is B2?. Can anyone here assist?

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is information quoted from a previous forum discussion.
bank 2 is driver side
bank 1 is pass side

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just watched Scotty Kilmer's Channel on YouTube and he recommends running a Gallon of Laquer Thinner with 1/2 Tank of Gas to clean all of them out. Almost everyone else on youtube swears to this as an effective solution, so I will try this tomorrow to see what happens.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
839 Posts
I would be very interested to see how long this works. Many flammable fluids can trick ECMs into thinking that the catalysts are working. These fluids can damaged fuel system parts and also create hazardous tailpipe emissions. Also worth noting that there’s usually a reason that catalysts report low efficiency and a skewed air fuel mixture is usually the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did, as well as all of these guys ;)

There are many more on youtube that had the same positive results

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L V6
362 Posts
I guess it can work, but like ETCG and Scotty both say, some cats are too far gone.

It's probably a good thing to try just to see if you can save some $$$. Ultimately, if it fails, then you're 100% sure it couldn't be resurrected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts