Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2002 supercharged Xterra 232000 KM on it, 2000 K on brand new rebuilt engine.
p0132 and 152 codes are o2 sensor 1 curicuit high, both banks..

It all seemed to start after I ran seafoam through the fuel system (I dumped a bottle in the gas tank before a fill up) I have changed the 02 sensors, they are NTK not OEM. and the code used to be thrown every couple 100ks of driving, now its appearing more frequently and more often.. So I changed the fuel filter as well as cleaned my maf sensor (I have a K n N filter which I hate) and yet it still keeps coming back..
My nissan buddy seems to think its more than likely that the computer doesnt like the NTK o2 sensors? and I can see his point, if it were the fuel injectors it wouldn't run as good as it does in open loop.

It sometimes gets to a point where it will idle rough but then it pops the code goes back into open loop and run perfectly fine so I can see his point that it might not be the injectors..

what are your guy's thoughts?
small Vacuum leak?
anything im missing?

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So since im running headers, ive lost the little ground strap wire that used to bolt from the inner fender to the heat shield (i believe thats where it went) I've made up a harness grounding my exhaust studs to the engine ground and from there to the body ground by the battery.. will see if that makes a difference, hopefully the insulation doesnt melt off cause I couldnt find any high temp stuff in our shop.
cant test it out for a couple days since im out of town working and the problem was intermittent anyways

· Premium Member
8,525 Posts
So since im running headers, ive lost the little ground strap wire that used to bolt from the inner fender to the heat shield (i believe thats where it went) I've made up a harness grounding my exhaust studs to the engine ground and from there to the body ground by the battery.. will see if that makes a difference, hopefully the insulation doesnt melt off cause I couldnt find any high temp stuff in our shop.
cant test it out for a couple days since im out of town working and the problem was intermittent anyways
If it works out and your looking for long term AZ has ground straps any length.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those straps are really important and nobody puts them back on.
What do you think about the Innova 3040 ? I am in the the marked for a new one .
the 02 sensor test feature is not supported haha (on my truck anyways not sure anything else)
I like it though, I got it half off due to my companies good discount at the auto parts store it can be slow at times but does the job. the live data is nice to have. I just keep in in my truck cause im paranoid.

· Premium Member
8,525 Posts
I just grounded to an exhaust stud, one on each bank, with another tie in to the engine ground on the supercharger (where the 02 sensors ground) and from there to a body ground as well right by the battery.
If you think about the engine has rubber motor mounts the exhaust has rubber mounts and is all rusted out ,how does the four o2 sensors get a ground to send information to ECM ,guess it must me all the ground straps everyone puts in the trash when they remove the heat shields.But no its a faulty o2 sensor lets change out the sensors at $200 each !!!! Nice job . Can your scan tool find the o2 sensors now ??

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you think about the engine has rubber motor mounts the exhaust has rubber mounts and is all rusted out ,how does the four o2 sensors get a ground to send information to ECM ,guess it must me all the ground straps everyone puts in the trash when they remove the heat shields.But no its a faulty o2 sensor lets change out the sensors at $200 each !!!! Nice job . Can your scan tool find the o2 sensors now ??
I'll try the sensor test feature again after I drive around some more today and let you know.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The O2 sensor test feature still says its not supported.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.