Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There;

I have 2002 Xterra SE supercharged 1st generation. According to what I've read the 1st generation runs between 2000 and 2004.
My question is; Will I be able to interchange interior trim components between those years or do they change?
I need some components and they're hard to find, but sometimes I can find them between that year range just not exactly 2002.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for the front right seat belt retractor, headliner and from the second row the left, the lap seat belt buckles. I believe that the color code is graphite.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
2000-2004 are technically the first gen but we make a not around here that 2002-2004 are the 1.5 gen as there was a major update. The dashes and front bumpers/grills are totally different. DOn't have enough time in a 1.5 to answer your question but anything from 2002-2004 should interchange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna need a new headliner. Mine got damaged because the rear wiper washer nozzle hose broke off on top of it and got all wet and mold, so I threw it away.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The head liners are all trash you need to re due yours with new material.
i recently ripped my headliner down because it was quickly becoming a tent.

what i found underneath was the crumbling foam covering a decent looking white plastic roof, i just cleaned that up thoroughly and i kinda like it that way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need a whole new thing. I don't even have the trim which was made of some kind of cardboard, but like I mentioned previously it got damaged by the windshield washer fluid leaking over it and got moldy. it had no fix. Now I have a bare metal roof with no insulation what so ever.

I was wondering if there's any threads out there which shows how to make from scratch; Any help?
Maybe some kind of hard foam panel that I can buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply, but in that thread he reused the cardboard panel (white panel in his pics) and changed the cloth. In my case a I cant do that since the headliner cardboard panel was damaged due to a leaking rear windshield washer fluid hose inside (over it) the car and it got all moldy and stinky.

I have tried to buy it online but it goes for over $400 plus I was told that it was discontinued so it couldn't be ordered. So I guess that I have to look into other options.
I saw online that someone did one out off some kind of black foam type panel, but the thread was to old so there was no way to ask him what did he used. I can't even find it again.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts