Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Xterra SE and I have a white or silver instrument cluster. I've seen others from 2001 with a black cluster. Can anybody explain the variation? Thank you in advance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L V6
250 Posts
I'm fairly new to the X and my SE has an odd faceplate. I've seen comments about it on here, so I know that it's just a weird design.

In the daytime, the face appears silvery with dark numerals. In the night, it's black with illuminated numerals.

The issue is during changes in external lighting when it isn't fully dark or fully light out. The change in "phases" of the face and numerals seems to cross over at the same point, making it hard to tell how fast I'm going. It's neat that Nissan built that excuse into the vehicle, but I don't think a cop would agree. LOL

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
777 Posts
I couldn’t see my gauges well in low light so that’s why I added the relay to turn the illumination on when the key is on. Combined with the led lights, I never have a problem seeing the gauges now

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L V6
250 Posts
I'm making a list of items to upgrade, like adding relays to run the headlights instead of directly off the HL switch. This will be another one - turning the dash lights on all the time, with brightness determined by whether the HL switch is on or off. Good idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts