Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Xterra Community? Just got the Alpine MRV-F300 amp. It's a class D 4-channel amp that runs 50W at 4ohms and 75W at 2ohms. I have a couple of questions though. Where are the grounding points for my X (2005 model), and is it alright to put this amp under the driver side seat because I plan on putting a shallow mount sub under the passenger side. Let me know what's up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's up Xterra Community? Just got the Alpine MRV-F300 amp. It's a class D 4-channel amp that runs 50W at 4ohms and 75W at 2ohms. I have a couple of questions though. Where are the grounding points for my X (2005 model), and is it alright to put this amp under the driver side seat because I plan on putting a shallow mount sub under the passenger side. Let me know what's up

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure about 2nd gen but there's not a lot of room under the seat of my first gen. I mounted an amp under the passenger seat, and it barely fit, after a little grinding on the top of the amp. To mount it I removed the seat, made 4 small holes in the carpet, and just ran screws with big washers up from under the carpet. It doesn't move around at all and I'm not worried about it ripping the carpet or flopping around. To make sure it fits, just slide it under the seat and move the seat all the way forward and back, your amp looks smaller than the one I used so you should be good to go.

As far as grounding points, any good metal surface will work. You could run the ground through a big eyelet connector and sandwich it between the seat frame and the floor, the seat bolt will hold it. Make sure you sand/scratch the paint off the body and bottom of seat frame so the ground has a good connection.

·
Registered
621 Posts
50w isnt gonna get you much bass if anymore than your door speakers. And ground points are wherever you can find them. Since its going under the seat i would recomend pulling a bolt out and getting sand paper and rubbing that small area underneith the head of the bolt till its bare metal so you get a good ground. thats a link to my setup in my xterra thats 300 rms and its very nice 50 watts might not get you much. Though that amp seems like it would be better off running highs to or maybe some mids. But a sub i dont think 50w is gonna do much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo16oUL78eM

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Agreed for a subwoofer, you won't get much bass out of 50 watts..that would be great for powering door speakers etc. What sub/amp set up are you going to use? As long as the amp and sub are paired to run properly it won't be a problem, though.

Ground is anywhere you can find a bolt to metal...so you can go anywhere with it. Maybe the mounting bolt for the seat as bigjay mentioned. Sand or Dremel grind the head of the bolt to shiny metal and you now have a ground.

No issue with an amp under the seat as long as you have some space around it to dissipate heat. For a shallow mount subwoofer, you just have to make sure you have clearance for when it is fully extended without hitting the seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey forgot to add that this amp if powering my 4 speakers in the car. I'm planning on getting a second amp purely for the sub. Each of my speakers have an rms of 60W. The front speakers are JBL gto938s and the rear are JBL gto638s. I bought the alpine mrv-f300 4-channel amp for them

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure about 2nd gen but there's not a lot of room under the seat of my first gen. I mounted an amp under the passenger seat, and it barely fit, after a little grinding on the top of the amp. To mount it I removed the seat, made 4 small holes in the carpet, and just ran screws with big washers up from under the carpet. It doesn't move around at all and I'm not worried about it ripping the carpet or flopping around. To make sure it fits, just slide it under the seat and move the seat all the way forward and back, your amp looks smaller than the one I used so you should be good to go.

As far as grounding points, any good metal surface will work. You could run the ground through a big eyelet connector and sandwich it between the seat frame and the floor, the seat bolt will hold it. Make sure you sand/scratch the paint off the body and bottom of seat frame so the ground has a good connection.

Hey I appreciate you man. I'm about to post another thread with my gameplan for installing this amp

·
Registered
169 Posts
Considering Nissan mounted the amplified sub for the Rockford Fosgate system under the driver seat and the amp for the system under the passenger seat there should be enough room for your amp.

I just got the Alpine PDR-V75 for my '07. It is rated at 100x4 @ 2 ohm and 350x1 @ 2 ohm. Factory test sheet says 124x4 @ 2ohm and 417x1 @ 2ohm. I am using Infinity Kappa 60.11cs for all 4 doors and a JL Audio Stealthbox for the sub. can't wait to install everything. Also switching to a Kenwood DPX501BT. M truck has the factory Fosgate system. Sounds decent but the tweeters could be brighter and the back door speakers are starting to make a lil crackling noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts