Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it needs to go past the threads to screw on the large nut and then screw in the next piece over the nut. but it’s getting stuck. driver side went in fine. what is wrong??

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,020 Posts
Clean off all the grease off the shaft and inner race on the bearing check for debris or burs.

Are these newly installed bearings?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clean off all the grease off the shaft and inner race on the bearing check for debris or burs.

Are these newly installed bearings?
will do that. they are oem bearings. only was replacing rotors and pads

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,020 Posts
Picture of the cleaned shaft? Apply a lite coat of grease on the shaft and fit it with bearing only

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,792 Posts
Since it's the original bearing, do you have a vernier caliper? Measure the OD of the shaft and the ID of the bearing. There's something not right. I like what @RacerXXL is saying, and he's got loads of experience in these matters.

My only question is if you have another original bearing sitting on your work table and if it is different.

·
Registered
2001 se 4x4 5spd 32"
247 Posts
I have found even the smallest nick or scratch on the shaft or bearing would keep it from going on.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yeah. If a drift or punch was used to remove it you may have slightly deformed the inner race of the bearing or slightly scored the shaft. Give both a really good inspection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts