Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My illumination on the dashboard isnt working, had a radio recently installed and the illumination suddenly stopped working since. Told it was a fuse issue but cannot seem to find the dashboard lights indicated on the interior fuse box diagram, please help.

Also, if anyone would know the running break light fuse as well, and where specifically that would be located thatd be grand too. That I'm pretty sure wasnt working when I bought the vehicle recently. Only had noticed one day while on my way to work that they didnt flick on as I do night shifts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My illumination on the dashboard isnt working, had a radio recently installed and the illumination suddenly stopped working since. Told it was a fuse issue but cannot seem to find the dashboard lights indicated on the interior fuse box diagram, please help.

Also, if anyone would know the running break light fuse as well, and where specifically that would be located thatd be grand too. That I'm pretty sure wasnt working when I bought the vehicle recently. Only had noticed one day while on my way to work that they didnt flick on as I do night shifts.
Hello Souveran!

This may be the first post I'm able to help on. I just had the same issue with my '04. The running lights and dash illumination lights run off of the same circuit. In the fuse box under your hood will be a 15a fuse, #39 in the attached fuse diagram.

Mine kept blowing, as I had a short in the wiring of my rear passenger bulb socket. I would first check all of your rear bulbs. If any bulbs are blown, remove it, replace the fuse (assuming it is blown), and check whether the dash lights and rear lights resume working correctly when turning your lights on. If you do not have a blown bulb, as I did not, then remove all of your rear bulbs, replace the fuse, (assuming it is blown), and then one at a time put them back. After putting each bulb in, keep the lights on for 3-10 minutes to allow it time to blow the fuse before putting the next in. This will allow you to ascertain which bulb/socket is the issue and move on from there.

Please let me know if this helps, and if I explained in an understandable way. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts