Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 xterttra with a 6 cylinder i just replaced the #1 bank 1 o2 sensor truck idles fine when i put it in gear and push gas it stalls

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would check the distributor man. Mine did the same thing. It would idle fine, then as soon as I put a little throttle to it, it would sputter and die

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
whats your mileage? when was the last tune up, and timing belt replacement?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
i would go ahead and change your fuel filter now $12ish easy to do and often is over looked, very well could be your issue and will mimic distributor issues closely. on the 1st gens the fuel filter should be on a frame cross rail near the gas tank bolted down with a u shaped clamp

·
Registered
709 Posts
Also check the Fuel Pressure Regulator for leaks. With vehicle running pop the vacuum line for the FPR off of the back of the air intake. If fuel comes out the FPR has a leaky diaphragm and needs to be replaced. It causes a rich condition. The degree to which it runs rich will depend on the size of the leak.

Can you rev the engine in park or neutral without it stalling?
Is there any smoke out the tail pipe on start up or when you rev the engine?

Also check the air intake and the pipes because a badly clogged air filter will cause stalling under load, but so will a rodents nest in the intake pipes (don't ask me how I know this).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts