Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently lifted my car and now after about a week the engine doesnt sound to good and I believe one of my cylinders is misfiring. Why would this be? Also the power seems to stall around 2500rpms in 2 and 3 gear now. Help!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
So I recently lifted my car and now after about a week the engine doesnt sound to good and I believe one of my cylinders is misfiring. Why would this be? Also the power seems to stall around 2500rpms in 2 and 3 gear now. Help!!
I just had this issue. When it will only peak and stall at 2500rpm, it's in "limp mode" and I thought it was bad gas or vacuum leak when it was actually the MAF sensor was completely bad. It's a very easy simple replacement using only a screwdriver. The downside is that it's $100 at a big box auto store WITH the core. Without the core it's $70 more! If you can survive without driving it, you can order a cheaper one offline but you may end up with the same problem a couple years from now and you'd be paying the $100 anyways.

To test it out, scan the ECU for the MAF sensor code. Also just unplug the sensor and if the vehicle is still in Limp Mode after you do that, then the sensor is obviously dead. Sometimes they just get really clogged up if you use oil based air filters or do not change them regularly. Use MAF cleaner to spray it off ONLY. They are very sensitive and can short out so always disconnect power when servicing sensors.

The only other reason limp mode would engage is overheating (temp sensor) or you drive a supercharged Xterra and you have knocking or your knock sensor is bad. Good luck!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Go to auto zone get some maf cleaner. Spray the crap out of it put it back in and disconnect battery to reset computer. If that doesnt work your gonna have to buy a new one.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
the timing with the lift is suspicious. What kind of lift?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts