Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I, as a lot of people seem to be, are interested in adding lights to the roof air dam, electrical acc. questions/wiring in general...Thought it might be a good idea to have an "Electrical Mods" section to keep them together, I don't know how many different threads in different windows I have open searching for topics right now, lol.

In my quest to defeat the ECM and find somewhere to splice and have the fog lights come on w/o the low beams and w/o having "perma-fogs", eg: tapping into the tail lights as mentioned in http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7195

I came across actual Factory Service Manuals for the X.

In PDF form, searchable with links. Talk about lucky finds...

I'm kind of going cross eyed from looking at all the diagrams, but I don't think it's possible, the ECM seems to win every time so far.

The manuals I found are for '05-'07..maybe useful '08-'09? (I think just cosmetic changes)

-Audio & Video System
-Brake System
-Engine Control
-Engine Mechanical
-Lighting System
-Maintenance

They all have tons of detailed electrical diagrams, etc. There are some parts, mainly electrical that end with the dealer having to do it (or other tech with the computer diagnostics)

Can't sleep with some health stuff acting up, and can't think of anything else to concentrate on, lol. If I can get an admin to PM me on how/where to post the service manuals I will. I know I can't start a new section and I haven't figured out how to add PDFs yet.

What do you guys think? Useful?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, PDF is accepted... but the files are too big to attach.

Audio & Video System - 1.7MB
Brake System - 1.1MB
Engine Control - 18.3MB
Engine Mechanical - 5.9MB
Lighting System - 4.7MB
Maintenance - 1.5MB

Do I need to sign up for a paid membership to post them? ...or are there admins that can post them if I e-mail them?

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
The file size limit applies to everyone including us admin/mods so we wouldn't be able to post the files but if you have links to the sites that provide them, that would work just fine. We've talked about it and wanted to do what you suggested but everytime we find a site that has the .pdf files for the FSM's, it keeps getting shutdown or closing and we end up with a bunch of dead links.

Good idea though. We'll see what we can come up with and see if we can't get some sort of thread or sticky to help out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly can't remember where or what they were actually called when I found them.

File sharing links do tend to die off rather quickly...I have the "real" version of Acrobat, so I guess I could try to cut them up, don't know if that'd be very useful for the larger ones. I guess PM me if anyone needs them/trying to find them in the meantime.

On another note, how do you feel about having a dedicated "Electrical" section?

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Now that is doable. I'll get with the others and see what we can come up with. I never really noticed that we didn't have a dedicated section for electrical issues. With our massive boom in membership and posts, it may be time for us to reorganize the forum list. It could take some time though because Jason and Dustin are short on time but we'll see what we can do. They are the only two who have the access to alter the forum layout.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tru. Thanks for the heads up.

I know it can be time consuming to re-organize (and cut down file size), but if we could get a dedicated section to start that would be great. I'm playing with file size parts now... I think it's worth it for the detailed schematics, they help a lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Lost in Translation
397 Posts
i agree ... i think we should have a specs section... maybe something with all the electrical diagrams, measurements, whatever... it would be a great reference section... i personally would like to get my hands on the blue prints of the Xterra..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/xterra/

there's a current link for the FSM for 00-09 Xterras.

hope that helps :)

Right on, thanks for the link!

Hopefully it'll be up for a while...the chopping to bits wasn't working out so well for posting here. I'm adding to my collection as well, and weeding out the duplicates. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts