Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in a desperate attempt to get a locking nut off of my 2002 Xterra that came with out a key i dremmeled the nut off. I did not realize that they were tapered and even after cutting it off the wheel still can't be removed. Any ideas? I removed the other 3 with a socket pounded over it but this one would not budge.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
You could ,center punch, drill not to big ,punch it out from the front .Get new lug install from the back put flat washer use lug nut to draw it back in place ,remove nut and washer put the wheel back on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could ,center punch, drill not to big ,punch it out from the front .Get new lug install from the back put flat washer use lug nut to draw it back in place ,remove nut and washer put the wheel back on.
Sounds like a plan. I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
155 Posts
From the pic it looks like you are close to getting it past the wheel? Like you said i will drill that sucker our a much as possible until you can remove the wheel. Then cut it off and like Deja said install a new lug stud and nut.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just updating that I installed the new wheel stud today. The drilling out east that bad but I decided to repack the bearings and it was a longer job than expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts