Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 08 x off road. I started out with 33s and then bought a bunch of other stuff for it. I put new bigger shackles on the rear along with new bilstein 5100s all the way around. I put new lower control arms along with cam bolts. Spent big bucks for spc uca and I'm here getting it aligned and it still has awful positive camber. Why is this? I have 3 inch spacers on the front and the shocks are set to 0 and we cant seem to get it aligned. Please help. It's like the lower control arms need to be longer or something

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have stock control arms then that's the problem. Lifting the vehicle can change the geometry drastically, the higher the lift the worse it gets. It will also beat the hell out of the lower ball joints. You need control arms designed for the lift you're running. If you have all that then good possibility the alignment guy is lost. I run an alignment shop and see this all the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I bought new lowers because i couldn't get the back bolts out so i cut em out and put new autozone lowers in. I have specialty products ucas and new cam bolts. I mean they had it hooked up to a machine, I just don't know. Might take the spacers out and just max the shocks out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have a look at your lower ball joints. If the ball joint stud is cranked over then your stock control are wrong for a lift. There's not enough room in most cases for even the biggest cam bolt to compensate. You'll either have to get an adapter to lower the control arm mounting points or get extended control arms. Maybe someone that has done a lift properly can chime in as I'm not familiar with whats out there...or the alignment guy can't figure it out. You could try another shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a look at your lower ball joints. If the ball joint stud is cranked over then your stock control are wrong for a lift. There's not enough room in most cases for even the biggest cam bolt to compensate. You'll either have to get an adapter to lower the control arm mounting points or get extended control arms. Maybe someone that has done a lift properly can chime in as I'm not familiar with whats out there...or the alignment guy can't figure it out. You could try another shop.
So I was looking at my uca paper through spc products and on the ball joint theres a flat part of the adjustable mount and a rounded side. The flat part has spc stamped on it and got to looking... looked at the paper and looked at my control arm ball joint and the dude put them on backwards. The top of the ball joint is a bolt with a greese fitting which goes through the control arm slit and the actual ball joint is kind of offset. Basically if I turn the ball joints around it looks like it would pull the top of the wheel back towards the spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts