Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am getting ready to purchase a used Xterra for my daughter. She likes the Xterras.
I am looking at year 2007 thru 2013

I did notice that prior to 2001, it was pure Nissan but after that Renault took it over. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

thanks for any advise you can provide

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
418 Posts
I think the overall answer is yes, but it depends. Models between 2005 and 2009 could come with some expensive repairs if left unchecked, from the SMOD issue which you can find a lot of info on, to the timing chain guides failing. 2000-2004 have less expensive issues but still the distributor will have to be changed, timing belt has to be changed, they’re low power and bad on gas, 00-01 model had fuel sending unit issues, many things, although small, are known to fail at some point, could be cheap fixes if you do it yourself or cost a lot if you need a mechanic to do it.

id do a lot of research, but both models can go over 200k miles, just gotta make sure everything checks out on them and you do some preventative maintenance before things get out of hand

·
Registered
326 Posts
If I could find a low miles 13-15 xterra I would buy it today. Not much if any Renault influence in these cars. We see it more starting in 2007 on models like Versa and Sentra. Later years more vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
I am looking at a 2005 with low mileage but the dealer said it was smoking.....

I apppreciate your replies

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm mad at mine right now, I just rolled over a curb and later it started pulling to the right pretty hard. Alignment I guess.

Sent from my U304AA using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts