Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to a salvage & need to know how to remove bumper, grille & skid plate. I’ll attach a picture of mine & the one at salvage yard. Mine was used as tow vehicle & seems to be missing brackets as well so I’ll need to remove those from salvaged one as well, also mine has a welded piece in that area that I’ll need to know how to remove. Prefer video if anyone knows of one but step by step instructions and type of tools I’ll need to take with me. Driving 2 hrs away so I want to make sure I have the proper tools for the job. I’m a 52 year old woman so I’m hoping I can do this!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it too late to offer help on this project? I just partially stripped an "X" that I found at a local yard. The front bumper "skin" was a bit detailed, but, VERY easy- lots of Phillips head screws, a few 10mm bolts and I now have the bumper "skin". The actual steel bumper looks like it is held in place by 2 bolts on each side, next to the headlight/grill area. The grill was removed by turning the little "diamond" head fasteners about a 1/4 turn, and they would then release. Hope this helps you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts