Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Xterra S model and right rear door is stuck closed. Can't open from inside or out. I have the inside handle cover removed and can see the cables move but will not unlock or open. I have new parts but need to get the door open. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
444 Posts
The lock mechanism is probably tripped at the latch...usually you can u untrip it if you can see it, if not, it's a fun time

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
444 Posts
So you pull on the mechanism and nothing happens? Sounds like something got caught in there somewhere. Try sticking some vice gtrips on there and giving it a good long firm jerk. lol
Or the cables came/broke off the mechanism...I've seen the lock one break while the door was shut and locked and the only way we could get it open was to cut the door panel so we could access the latch...do you have tension on the lock when you activate it by hand, or does it feel loose? Can you hear it actually working, etc...But seriously if the lock(by lock inside I mean the indicator inside where you can visually see if the door is locked or not) inside feels ok, if it does X2 on the vice grips...a cable is cheaper than a door panel...lol

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts