Nissan XTerra Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, could someone please tell me how F29 ECM connector looks like and where is it? Wanna test knock sensor because my wire to knock sensor in engine bay is cut and I cannot find signs of resistor mod. So need to "Check resistance between ECM terminal 64 and engine ground."

ECM module in the central column, do I need to disassemble it to reach F29 connector from passenger side? Google said I do but also some people tell that connector somewhere under the dash on the left of steering wheel near the hood release.

Xterra 2002

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resistor Mod Fail?

Sorry to steal this this thread. I am a newbe to this forum and have found it a wealth of useful information. That being said I have a 2002 S/C Xterra with the dreaded P0326 knock sensor problem. I did the resistor mod of Jackal's and had great results. My X had long lost power and ran great for a couple of weeks. I have since lost that power and did a scan on it to find a P0327 and P0328 low and high voltage knock sensor codes. I did the mod over thinking that maybe the resistors had failed and came up with the same results, P0327 & P0328. I went back to Radio Shack and to get more resistors and found a 560 ohm resistor. I did the mod over this time with just the single 560 ohm resistor and had the same two codes come up. I have always ran premium fuel before and after the mod. Does anybody have an idea what could be going on here? I am a loss because I thought the resistors were bypassing the knock sensor and tricking the computer into thinking everything was functioning fine. I dont know what to do now to correct this and get that great power back. Resistor relocation? or do the laborous job of replacing the knock sensor only to have it go bad in a short amount of time. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Very aware this an old question and OLD thread BUT maybe like me- someone is experiencing the challenge for the first time. I had the code and relocated.. and still had the code.. Decided to do the resistor mod. The Grey and "white" wires were not easy to identify due to aging and general grime.

x x x x x
-x x X X
the big X

additionally as I was just about to wrap up I noticed... the white wire was in fact cracked right at the connector...THAT explained so much a) maybe there was not an issue with the original sensor and it was the broken wire that caused the code b) the relocation didn't work either as the signal never got to the new sensor.. anyways I spliced to the unbroken section and ALL fixed.

Hope this helps someone dealing with a 20 year old vehicle

121 - 125 of 125 Posts