Nissan XTerra Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I need some help on this project. I have a 2004 NA V6 with the PO328 knock sensor code. Truck is not running well and I wanted to try this mod instead of replacing the knock sensor itself. I have a single 560k ohm resistor and when I looked at my connectors I do not have a green, mine are white and grey colored. The grey connector seems to have a white and grey colored wire side by side but I cant seem to get them disconnected as the OP did. Im using the front (male) side connector but im having no luck. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
resistor selection options

I'm looking to do the bypass mod and have a question about the resistors. There have been a number of posts where people have mentioned 1 watt or 1/2 watt options, but I was not able to get what I feel is a definitive resolution on what is best. These are a few 560K ohm options I found at Newegg. Can someone who has done this mod take a quick look and let me know which of these would be my best option?

Thanks much guys. As someone who bought a new 2003 Xterra SC and now has over 251,000 miles on it...this forum has be a HUGE help over the years!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=560k+ohm+resostor&N=-1&isNodeId=1

·
Registered
182 Posts
1/2 W is more than sufficient but there's no issue with going larger (1W) in this application. I used a single 1/2 W 560k resistor and it has held up fine for nearly 7 years and 100k miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally figured this out. The green plastic insert must be removed with a pick or small pliers to expose the smaller plastic latch. Use a small eyeglasses size flat screwdriver to press the latch and the wire simply pulls out of the rear. Don't loose the green insert or get in a hurry and forget to reinstall it later. Easy project after that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes those green are the ones... I just did this on my S/C engine, afther replaced the knock sensor once, went bad again, I realized it was enof of this, this mode its "the heaven", I have all the power back again, when the auto trans changes the gear, it doesnt drop the rmp like it did b4, mpg WOW back to 19-20!!! Engine runs smooth and quite, no vibrations, no issues at all... I use booster gas always, and it works perfect... Good luck whit this mode, it works, and works really fine.
Could someone please explain me why for the KS bypass 2 lower right terminals are used? My bad

Wrong image bellow, that is not F37 connector on the left, it's F101 connector.
KSMOD.JPG

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't recall the pins, but on mine it was easy to verify. If you pull apart the split loom from the connector back towards the ECU, you'll find those wires contained in their own insulated jacket.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
636 Posts
I use those connectors frequently for checking injector resistance. I try to go by wire color and position because I feel like there’s times the manual prints the wrong side of the connector

101 - 110 of 110 Posts