Nissan XTerra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just did the mod today and it cleared my codes, and I can feel my S/C spool again for the first time in weeks. Thanks for the help. On another note though, a few pages back on this thread, Powerdaze asked about a metallic sound happening at 2400 rpm. I am having the same thing happen and cannot figure out what it is. Does anybody have any ideas? My buddy who owns a repair shop said he read on a tech forum that this sound can sometimes be associated with a KS fault, but after fixing the fault the sound is still there. It is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm doing this Saturday, I tried a few months ago but chickened out. Will someone check this picture and make sure I understand it correctly? This is a Naturally aspirated engine (which I have) and the picture comes from the same thread the OP linked to in the first post. I've circled the 8 holes for the wires, the two I'm working with are the two green ones, right? in this picture they look empty so I assume they are but I want to make sure I'm looking at it right.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm doing this Saturday, I tried a few months ago but chickened out. Will someone check this picture and make sure I understand it correctly? This is a Naturally aspirated engine (which I have) and the picture comes from the same thread the OP linked to in the first post. I've circled the 8 holes for the wires, the two I'm working with are the two green ones, right? in this picture they look empty so I assume they are but I want to make sure I'm looking at it right.

Thanks!!!
Yes those green are the ones... I just did this on my S/C engine, afther replaced the knock sensor once, went bad again, I realized it was enof of this, this mode its "the heaven", I have all the power back again, when the auto trans changes the gear, it doesnt drop the rmp like it did b4, mpg WOW back to 19-20!!! Engine runs smooth and quite, no vibrations, no issues at all... I use booster gas always, and it works perfect... Good luck whit this mode, it works, and works really fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just did this to my '03 S/C and it has made a world of difference. I used a single 560K resistor (555K when measured with my ohm meter). Apparently my knock sensor has been bad since I bought my X in September. My boost gauge would only go up to 3 PSI before the mod, now it boosts up to 8 PSI. I didn't put wire in the empty holes on the connector, I just filled them in with sealant. I'll report back with any fuel mileage changes. Right now I haven't been able to get over 14.8 MPG driving all highway miles. Hopefully this will help. Now all I have left to do is replace the cracked passenger side exhaust manifold (with a set of headers). ;)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
So my 2001 Xterra keeps kicking a knock sensor code and can't pass emissions. Will this fix make it so he will pass?
Yes, it will trick the ecu into thinking there is a working knock sensor in there and the code will go away. Just be aware that if you do this you will no longer have knock protection so do it at your own risk, especially for those with SC engines. That being said i did mine 3 years ago and have yet to have a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
why not JB weld a bolt to the engine low and towards the back ? that way you'll still have a working knock sensor

sorry on an S/C model

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did this on a N/A 2000 xterra that had a rough idle and poor fuel mileage. Worked like a charm, starts and idles a lot better. Feels like there's more power. I recommend this for anyone that's getting a p0325 code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am ordering a 20Pack of 560k Ohm 1W Metal Oxide Resistors ±5% M56 564 DE4910 Because the don't really cost but a dollar more then to order just one. I guess I will have plenty left over if anyone would like one to use, Just message me and ill connect with you on where to mail them to. should be here in about a week I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thinking of trying this on my 04 Non SC this weekend and wondering why not just use a single 560K ohm resistor instead of soldering multiple resistors together to reach 560K ohm resistance? Any thoughts?

81 - 100 of 110 Posts