Nissan XTerra Forum banner

881 - 888 of 888 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

I would like to do this mod to my '04, however, the photobucket thing keeps any of the photos from displaying.

Does anyone have the writeup with pictures?

Thanks in advance,
Alan O.

The photo's are still available, but you have to open in another window and then click the link in photobucket and then the photo will show...
It's a Pain the ass but it works if you want to view the pictures...
Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The photo's are still available, but you have to open in another window and then click the link in photobucket and then the photo will show...
It's a Pain the ass but it works if you want to view the pictures...
Good Luck!
Can you possibly elaborate a little more on how to do it? I cannot find any link to the photos. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, thank you for the link!

Quick question, is there any change in fuel economy when doing this mod? I know that they are not the greatest on MPG but I don't want to make it worse either... Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome write-up!!! Two thumbs way up. I will state that I did not have to remove the T-pipe, nor trim it, to install the 1.5" plug. My X is a 2004 se sc. Took a lil lube to work it in tight, and I added a metal hose clamp for extra security. Is there a reason you went with galvanized steel plugs though? All home depot had was plastic so that's what I used...

·
Administrator
8,738 Posts
Mine has the red plastic test pipe fittings in it for nearly 10 years now. Galvanized vs plastic is just a matter of what is available locally.

Keep an eye on the intake inlet tube because as they age they become very brittle and have a habit of splitting, mine did. Once this happens you get running issues but the intake tube is cheap to replace.

881 - 888 of 888 Posts