Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone help me with my 2002 Frontier. I'm trying to see the instructions but the images don't appear available to me.

Do I disconnect TPS then set crank to 10. Do I then change rotor position from screw to align with cylinder 1?

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 V6
8,868 Posts
Can someone help me with my 2002 Frontier. I'm trying to see the instructions but the images don't appear available to me.

Do I disconnect TPS then set crank to 10. Do I then change rotor position from screw to align with cylinder 1?
The screen capture below is from the 2002 Nissan FRONTIER factory service manual. Follow the direction to check timing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It should be 10 degrees. Also, no, they aren't shown IIRC, so you go by the pic above to know what they are. Look down from the front of the engine, left to right, it's 0, 5, 10, 15, and 20 degrees and all you'll see is the notches in the crank pulley. Also be sure to check the sticker under your hood. the bolt to loosen to adjust is a 12 mm head. just adding to an old thread. And the 3 bolts he is talking about, 2 hold the cap on, that what you loosen to change and view the rotor and its position.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts