1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tools Needed
1) Philips screwdriver #2
2) ¼” or 3/8” drive ratchet.
3) 10 mm socket ¼” or 3/8' drive. Deep well is optional.
4) Fuel line clamps are optional but very helpful.
5) Small pan to drain fuel into.
Procedure
1) Remove 15 Amp fuse in upper most left corner of the Fuse panel. Use the small black fuse puller tool mounted to the far right under the fuse panel.
2) Start the vehicle and let it run until it stalls. Crank it several more times until it won’t run anymore.
3) Remove bracket covering fuel filter. It’s held on by two 10 mm bolts and one 10 mm nut.
4) Note the position of the clamp around the filter for installation later. The bolt sticking out will go through the bracket. This bolt is used to tighten the filter to the bracket with the 10 mm nut.
5) Clamp off both fuel lines using the fuel line clamps. This is optional but will save you from spilling excessive fuel.
6) Place the small pan underneath the filter to catch the fuel run off.
7) Unscrew the 2 clamps on the fuel lines using the Philips Screw driver and pull the hoses off.
8) Loosen and remove the clamp around the filter and install it on the new filter.
9) Remove the plastic caps that came on the new filter and put the hoses back on and tighten the clamps.
10) Reinstall the bracket using the two bolts to tighten it to the frame and the one nut which secures the filter to the back of the bracket.
11) Replace the 15 Amp Fuse.
12) Start the vehicle and check for leaks.
13) Complete!

Tools and Filter

Fuse Panel

Bracket Location

Filter Installed

Reactions: MeToo and caper_1

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really pretty easy. But after the first time I did it, I had a b1tch getting the lines off the second time. Not really sure why.

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hendrix89 said:
no fuel filter for my 2007??
It's part of the fuel pump/fuel sending unit on your truck. My suggestion for you is run only name brand fuels, never let it get below 1/4 tank, and throw a good can of fuel system cleaner in at every oil change.

To change the filter you would have to drop the tank and pull out the pump/sending unit. Not something you wanna do! :)

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
dezurtrat said:
To change the filter you would have to drop the tank and pull out the pump/sending unit. Not something you wanna do! :)
I have had a great experience with seafoam FYI

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I have used seafoam to. Good stuff

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
i use seafoam at every oil change.... it is time to do it again.....LOL now i have 3 cars at a time... LOL well actually only 2 i will change the pathy every so often but not as much as the other 2 nissans...

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
where is the fuel filter locaTED can't tell by pics.
It's right there on the frame cross member in front of the fuel tank toward the front of the engine.

Will a napa gold brand work or should I use Nissan filters??
Absolutely. the NAPA filter is fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a place where you can purchase that ring that is around the fuel filter? With the threads for the bolt?

Mine is rusted out, I was hoping to find one so I can replace it?

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a place where you can purchase that ring that is around the fuel filter? With the threads for the bolt?

Mine is rusted out, I was hoping to find one so I can replace it?
I'm sure you get one from a dealer, or better yet a junk yard, or even better some zip tie wraps and you are good to go! :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Good write up. But isn't pulling the fuse like letting it run oiut of gas? I heard that was bad for the fuel injectors... something about them not supposed to go dry?

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's really pretty easy. But after the first time I did it, I had a b1tch getting the lines off the second time. Not really sure why.
I couldn't get the fuel lines off today. Couldn't believe I got defeated by those little ol lines...How did you end up getting them off the second time?

·
Registered
37 Posts
the way to get around dropping the fuel tank whenever you want to replace the fuel filter just take out the sending unit and put in a 300zx tt Fuel Pump and a 300zx tt Fuel Filter because it flows very well just cut and install it in line like the 00-04 v6s and install a nismo FRP bolts on to our Fuel Rails.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
so r all filters pretty much the same? one way in and one way out? i put it back on the way i took it off but i'm not 100% which is the in line and which is the out line..

1 - 20 of 71 Posts