Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2012 xterra and brought it to the shop and asked them to put in the loudest exhaust system they could and they put in a dynomax exhaust system and it’s not nearly loud enough how do I make my truck as loud as possible and still pass PA inspection?

·
Registered
248 Posts
There are different kinds of loud. I put a two chamber Flowmaster muffler on my 2015 and it was great on the outside of the vehicle but intolerable on the inside of the vehicle. You can call Flowmaster and talk to them and you can discuss what you are looking for and they will point you to a few of their mufflers that can meet your needs. Six cylinder motors are a whole different animal when it comes to exhaust design.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
839 Posts
As loud as possible and still pass inspection? You’re looking for a product call exhaust cutouts. They have electric and cable controlled version. Flip the switch one way and it will sound like it does right now but flip the switch the other way and it doesn’t get any louder without removing emissions equipment.

·
Registered
248 Posts
As loud as possible and still pass inspection? You’re looking for a product call exhaust cutouts. They have electric and cable controlled version. Flip the switch one way and it will sound like it does right now but flip the switch the other way and it doesn’t get any louder without removing emissions equipment.
Hooker makes electric cut-out kits and Mr. Gasket has the cheaper manual pull cable cut-out system hardware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts