Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2004 that I got as my first car in 2012. Love it to death. Its currently got about 162k miles and it has never once let me down. It's been the most reliable car in my family. My brother and sister both had issues with their cars (Mitsubishi and Ford) my dad blew an engine in one of his cars and broke a driveshaft in another, and he babys his cars. I keep up with the maintenence on my car pretty well, oil changes every 3.5k, I did the timing belt and water pump at 120k miles, recently had the diff, transfer case, and transmission oils changed. Even though I didn't really need to do it, I replaced the rear main seal. At 162k miles, it's amazing to look under it and see a perfectly dry undercarriage. I'm keeping that car until the end of time.

Just bought the entire shrockworks lineup a few weeks ago, and can't wait to get those installed. Also plan on getting a lift and new tires as a graduation present for myself.
off road.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
See i plan on the same with my 2011 once its paid off (only owe a few grand on it) keep er for hauling and back up transportation etc once it gets a ton of miles on it anyhow. Its been super reliable and fun to work on well except this nasty burn i got from a metal coolant line i got yesterday while changing my pcv valve. Thought i had more room lol and thought it was an a/c line found out the hard way it is a coolant line looks like a heater bypass line, shoulda wore gloves or waited til engined cooled. Oh well ill live. Kinda glad Nissan made those metal and not rubber hoses though less rubber hoses to have to change. View attachment 67818
Purrrty!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had mine since 2012 it's 2003 with 95,000 miles. 3 water pumps,2 timing belts, leaf spring, starter, distributor, Cat, knock sensor, head gasket, 2 batteries, brakes, wheel bearings packed 3 times, fuel pump, fuel sender, 3 sets of tires, tune-ups, radiator, shocks, AC line replaced and new headlight assembly. It sits at 230,000 miles now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I've only owned it for a little over a week. I got it of the understanding that it doesn't run right. Initially, I knew it wasn't charging. A little troubleshooting and a new alternator remedied that. So, after getting it running I became painfully aware of an abundance of smoke or steam. I spent a little extra time tonight trying to solve for if it's got a blown head gasket or not, but additional testing will be needed before I'm sure. Otherwise, I love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I've only owned it for a little over a week. I got it of the understanding that it doesn't run right. Initially, I knew it wasn't charging. A little troubleshooting and a new alternator remedied that. So, after getting it running I became painfully aware of an abundance of smoke or steam. I spent a little extra time tonight trying to solve for if it's got a blown head gasket or not, but additional testing will be needed before I'm sure. Otherwise, I love it.
Check the oil and radiator. Hopefully no milky. Head gaskets are common. I had mine done at 178,000 and now it's at 230,000. It could be the manifold gasket as well. You need to do a compression test and good luck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts