Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new here just have a question, i install led lights on my xterra 2007 and high beams didnt work, i just install resistors and they work now, but when i switch to high beams my low beams turns off, if i switch to low beam they turn on but all fuses are ok any idea of what to do? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,658 Posts
You have a 9007 bulb, which has both the low and high beams in it. So does my 2004.

When I switch from low beam to high beam, the low beam cuts out. So does yours. It's supposed to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a 9007 bulb, which has both the low and high beams in it. So does my 2004.

When I switch from low beam to high beam, the low beam cuts out. So does yours. It's supposed to.
Hi yes it does, but when i switch ti high beam the light its weaker than the low beam, i installed also led head ligths to my wife explorer and both les chips keeps on when switch to high beams thats why its much brighter

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The LED may not be lined up in the reflector's focus like the halogen bulb was. A small difference at the bulb makes a huge difference downrange.

If you want high beams that work for you, adjust them lower, but then the low beams will be lower as well.

My 2004 has the same issue. It uses a 9004 but that isn't available as an LED, so I use the 9007 LED. The high beam is too high to be of much use, but so long as I have a good low beam that doesn't blind folks, I'm good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The LED may not be lined up in the reflector's focus like the halogen bulb was. A small difference at the bulb makes a huge difference downrange.

If you want high beams that work for you, adjust them lower, but then the low beams will be lower as well.

My 2004 has the same issue. It uses a 9004 but that isn't available as an LED, so I use the 9007 LED. The high beam is too high to be of much use, but so long as I have a good low beam that doesn't blind folks, I'm good.
Ok thanks I'll try that but how do i adjust them lower? All i know its just plug them in

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The headlights are adjustable. Use a screwdriver at the back of the housing. If you don't have the FSM (factory service manual) yet, here's where to download it for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The headlights are adjustable. Use a screwdriver at the back of the housing. If you don't have the FSM (factory service manual) yet, here's where to download it for free.

Thank you so much for youd help I'll do it asap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts