Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 X with oem step rail, with tires the X sits pretty high for the stock sissor jack, i have a high lift jack, where is the best spot to lift the car from, i have to remove the back tire to work on my evap canister but im reluctant to put the jack on the step rail, any suggestions?

·
Brooklyn br0
3,087 Posts
Your oem step rail will not hold the weight of your truck. Do not try. You can get a hi lift jack tire strap, lift it from the tire and put a jack stand under the axle...

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 V6
8,883 Posts
As Bklyn.X said the only way to utilize a Hi-Lift in your trucks configuration is with the wheel strap. Once lift it you would have to put a jack stand under the axle tube to support it while you remove the tire then work.

I only use the Hi-Lift while on a trail. For maintenance work I Have a floor jack and jack stands. Hi-Lift jacks are cumbersome and slightly sketchy but are the only decent reasonable option on a lifted truck while out on the trails.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your oem step rail will not hold the weight of your truck. Do not try. You can get a hi lift jack tire strap, lift it from the tire and put a jack stand under the axle...
Dint even cross my mind to try lifting from the step rail, thank you for the input, i fairly new to high trucks and first time owning a high lift jack, was not aware of the strap, will look into it, thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Bklyn.X said the only way to utilize a Hi-Lift in your trucks configuration is with the wheel strap. Once lift it you would have to put a jack stand under the axle tube to support it while you remove the tire then work.

I only use the Hi-Lift while on a trail. For maintenance work I Have a floor jack and jack stands. Hi-Lift jacks are cumbersome and slightly sketchy but are the only decent reasonable option on a lifted truck while out on the trails.
Thank you, im deff investing on a floor jack, is the set up mentioned your road side emergency set up aswell?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts