Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 4WD XE with the 3.3L and I'm having serious issues. I took the throttle body apart and cleaned it, put it back together and got P0121 and P0122 codes saying the tps was a circuit low, and it drove like it had a bad tps, so I replaced it. I still got the same codes afterwards and was at 6000 rpm at 60 mph, so I took it into the dealership. They recalibrated the tps computer and throttle body plate, but that didn't fix the problem. The dealership thinks it's the transmission, I don't think it is though, because the transmission ran perfectly fine before I messed with the throttle body. I need opinions on what to do, I've only had this car for 2 and a half months!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Check the wires and or connections... you may have pulled something or have not put something back the way it should be. Check gaskets or vacuum lines too.
Check carefully. One time I was working on something and got a code the next day. It turned out I accidentally pulled a wire on something else when I was trying to force my arm to reach something different. Just focus on the area you were working on. Check the throttle cable, take the intake hose off and look at the throttle valve. Does it look like it's in the right position?

What did you really do? just take the throttle body off and clean it? or did you take it completely apart?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts