Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search feature but I have not been able to find the help. Probably because i do not know the proper name for this item. It it the clear protector over the paint near the wheel wells. Sorry I did not realize my reflection was right in the way but here is a picture for reference. I could really use some help with the name of this item and how to remove it. Thanks for any assistance.
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
229 Posts
I think it's called 'Paint Protection Film', I know 3M makes some.

I need to remove mine also since it looks like dirt has gotten behind the film. I would first try to simply peel it off, it should come off. (Now I am thinking about going outside to try removing mine) If it does not, my thought would be to try a heat gun and plastic scraper and gently heat it and use the scraper to gently work it away from the paint. Afterwards if there is any residue, rubbing alcohol or adhesive remover should take care of it, but it would be a good idea to apply some wax after using either of those products on the paint.

I wonder if anyone else has any input about this stuff? Does it actually help protect against rock chips?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking of using any basic decal removal but I am just concerned about the age of the paint. It is an 06 and with my luck I feel like I would peel it and the clear would come right up with it lol. Thanks for the proper name. Gonna google and youtube removals. I am prepping for plasti dip but dont want to ruin the factory paint in the process. Thanks again. I will advise if I am successful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.