Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past year or two my wife's 02 xterra has been having trouble with power when climbing hills. It has 136k miles on it and I have done the complete tune up at 100k. It has had the tranny rebuilt as well but that has not fixed the problem. It also sound loud when accellerating, like the rpms are reving high but not effective. My gas mileage is unchanged, and it has no problems on level ground. I have replaced the fuel pump, all hoses, checked exhaust and replaced the converter. Ive put injector cleaner in it and had injectors cleaned and checked. Ive even switched to a higher grade gas. Im now at a loss. Any ideas?

·
Registered
382 Posts
assuming you also replaced the fuel filter, I would check the timing, and last make sure there is not a clogged cat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gas filter was replaced when the pump was replaced. I made sure the mechanic changed it as well. Ill go back and recheck the timing and catalytic converter, but i doubt the converter is clogged as its only almost 6 months old. I thought about replacing the standard plugs to a better grade of plugs, but i dont know if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Plugs should be double platinum.

Are you supercharged?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts