Nissan XTerra Forum banner

HELP with front mount tow hitch

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dejablue 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 2002 Xterra XE and I love wheelin through the sand to get to the surf for fishin. I want to throw a rod/cooler rack on the front of my xterra for exactly that reason. I cant put it on the back because I would not be able to open the gate to get to my tackle and other stuff. I have searched HIGH and LOW to find a front mount hitch for a 2002 with no luck. PLEASE HELP ME. I see on one website that a hidden hitch model 65050 will work but HiddenHitch says that it wont.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Bryan

#2 ·
That particular Hidden Hitch model is for 2007-2008 Chevy/GMC Heavy Duty trucks. They make one for the second generation of Xterra, but to my knowledge, there is no front mount hitch for the first gen Xterra. Your only option is to find a local fabricator that can design and build you one from scratch.

#3 ·
Killer Dude

http://www.sportsimportsllc.com/product/front_mount_2_receiver_hitch_ek-50xx.htm

Bout 2/3 of the way down it reads "Model 5050 NISSAN - PICK-UP/FRONTIER - (FRONT END HITCH) 4 DOOR MODELS (2000-2002)

NISSAN - XTERRA - (FRONT END HITCH) (2000-2002)"

I have tried callign that place countless times and they wont answer... buncha BS.

My guess is having someone fab one up from scratch is going to piss away half a paycheck.

Any more suggestions?

#4 ·
My mistake. We've had this discussion on the forum about a front mount hitch for a first gen before and no one had ever found one.

Try a web search for Hidden Hitch model # 5050 to see if you can find it for sale on another website.

#5 ·
Frontier vs Xterra...

http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-forum/showthread.php?t=12566

"The hitch that was installed on my 2002 Frontier is the Hidden Hitch # 5050. Hitch and installation came to $ 116.00 at Dixie Hitch Inc in Dunn, NC 910-891-1122."

I might just have to order it and attempt to install it myself... if it doesnt work I will send it back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.