Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the highway when the car in front of me threw up a rock that struck the left off road lamp on my roof, (I have the off road model). The bulb is fine and the light still turns on, but the glass lamp has a hole in it. The lamp would be easy to replace if I could find the OEM part, but I am having a ton of trouble finding it.

I can find the part of the entire OEM roof lights assembly for $640, obviously a crazy price if all I want is the glass lamp.

The part number and link for the full $640 assembly:

Roof Lamp Assembly - Nissan (26610-ZL00A)

https://www.partsnissan.com/oem-par...WhzaWRUpPDi5Bkti5oEXJvSYkLnIvx6hoCL-sQAvD_BwE

I only need the damn lamp! I can't find a replacement anywhere.
Has anyone had this happen to them, or does anyone have any advice on where to find obscure parts like this?

I can also post a picture of the hole in the lamp if anyone is interested.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,514 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
i would take this oppertunity to maybe change both housings and get some nice super bright LEDs in there at that price you could get a really nice LED setup in there for cheaper and it would be a ton brighter

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OR roof lights have always been obscenely priced. From the drawing on Nissan’s parts site they do not appear to be available separately. Best bet is to walk into the parts department of your local dealer and ask. I can almost guarantee you can not get the lens only.

https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanp...id=E&sectionid=260&jointvehid=13184&siteid=14
Kind of what I figured. Too bad. I'm going to start off by calling around some local scrapyards and seeing what they have. If not, I might just leave it be. The light still works, and its not worth $640 just for the piece of glass. Thanks for confirming my fears :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would take this oppertunity to maybe change both housings and get some nice super bright LEDs in there at that price you could get a really nice LED setup in there for cheaper and it would be a ton brighter
Or maybe remove the housing all together and replace it with a light bar or a different setup with more than 2 lights... now you have me thinking

I could even use the wiring harness from the old assembly so that the OR button still works. Its just one harness plug for both lights so I don't see it being that complex.

Thanks for the great idea! This might be a great project for the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts