Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2007 Xterra with around 175,000kms (approx). Lately I've been noticing that when I start it up it gets a loud whining sound (not squealing or squeeking), it seems that as it warms up it gets better but never goes away completely. I'm taking it in to get serviced on Thursday morning free of cost because it's been less than 1000 km since I bought it, but what could this be?

Belt/belt tensioner? Transmission? Etc? If someone could help out that'd be great.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S before anyone asks it's automatic, I have noticed a bit of lag when up shifting at high speeds but I think that's just the old school auto tranny, used to driving a 2015 F250 at work.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
Timing chain guides on those year xterras. They have chains. 00-04 have timing belts. Also you need to do the smod bypass if you havent you should make that priority over everything otherwise the transmission is a ticking time bomb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.