Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here! This past weekend I picked up a super clean 2004 X. Its the 3.3 but only the 2wd. It has no body damage and the leather interior is flawless. Its a nice vehicle. It unfortunately has a few check engine lights which I will look at this weekend. p0328 which I dont care about. p0505 which sucks! p0127 which i hope is caused by p0505. I also got a different one today p0340. I am in limp mode which sucks. I'm just hoping its not a timing issue and more of just an IACV maybe IAT issue. Ill pull the plenum this weekend and take a look. Just wanted to introduce myself. Ive been lurking on the site since I bought the beast. Ill post pics tonight. Cheers! Oh yes I'm in JAX if anyone is from around here.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
You can remove it some one did not know what they were doing and hooked a hose on a metal line that is not needed if you follow the metal line you find the other end is open also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deja do you know if there is a IAC o ring? I want to have everything in hand before I start pulling the intake mani. I see some places talking about an o ring but I cant find it anywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got around to removing and cleaning the IAC. The plug wasn't all the way in like most on the site. I now have better idle and I no longer have low rpm hesitation. I cleared the codes and kept it moving. It runs awesome however, I now have a laundry list of more codes.... p0127, p0134, p0430, p0328. I cleared them again and will wait for it to come back. The one that is getting me is the p0127. Isnt there a sensor I can replace for this? Or should I just flush the cooling system?

·
Registered
621 Posts
P0127 thats the air temp sensor. Replace your filter maybe? Otherwise the sensor is located on a t shapped hose infront of the intake near the bottom. Front meaning headlight. You will see it looks like a headlight bulb going into a headlight almost but on the hose. Make sure nothing got up in there either.

·
Registered
444 Posts
P0127 thats the air temp sensor. Replace your filter maybe? Otherwise the sensor is located on a t shapped hose infront of the intake near the bottom. Front meaning headlight. You will see it looks like a headlight bulb going into a headlight almost but on the hose. Make sure nothing got up in there either.
X2, and sometimes just a cleanup of the connection with some dielectric takes it away

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! The truck is running pretty good but I'm still getting the bloody p0127 and at times I'm also getting p0430 and p0420. So far I've disconnected and reconnected the plug to the IAT. I have drained the coolant and added new coolant. I have removed and checked/cleaned the ground wire. I'm gonna replace the IAT and see if that takes care of my 127. Can I just pull the IAT or are there any bolts? I didnt see any?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ya, I am thinking that the IAT is faulty...also use a voltmeter and check to make sure there is a signal coming through the connection

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up coming soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.