Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking around everywhere for how-to mods, etc. and luckily came across this amazing forum. I'm looking to add lights/electrical and modify the air dam and gotta give some props to "Creepy Cruiser" and "TN4x4Xterra" (be posting on some of their threads shortly on that topic).

I'm in the Tampa Bay area of FL and am not a hardcore trail guy. My outdoor hobbies led me to buy my X. Mainly Camping and Biking, and I love the water.

I bought a stock Silver '07 S 2wd Auto (Tampa traffic sucks; I had a manu Dakota before I got my X, my knees would kill me from being on and off the clutch so much, it lost it's fun in city traffic); anti-slip diffy and good tires will get me through most state parks. I know there's some good trails in Ocala for you hardcore guys, but I try not to camp on the other side of mud lakes; your gear just gets nasty.

I mainly just take it "off road" through state parks, etc. FL is flat, so I couldn't justify the insurance hike for a 4x4 system I'll probably never appreciate.

Mod list so far:

-HID conversion (avatar pic) w/actuator (still maintain high/low beams with one lamp)
-Factory Sylvania fogs w/new turn signal socket switch
-Yakima Bike Racks on the roof

On the List:

-Brush Guard [ordered] (aka: Shopping Cart Defender), I like the look and it's a place to mount lights to get the old people's attention to move out of the way...
-Tail Light Guards [ordered], Aesthetics...
-Roof/Air Dam lights, not sure how many or how big, probably 2 to help set up camp or 4+ to light up camp
-Hitch

...and whatever else looks good or I feel like modding. I've done stereo installs and custom lights (strobes, wig wags, etc) on other vehicles I've owned. It's still under warranty so I'm trying to stick with bolt ons before I go hacking it up.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Welcome! Good to see another FL member!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
IM IN TAMPA too im sellin my x so if u want some parts off of it we can talk... email me at [email protected]

·
I'm kinda wacko
5,315 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome!..I live in Orlando!..I would love to see some pictures of your X..and make sure some of them are with the bikes on the roof!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IM IN TAMPA too im sellin my x so if u want some parts off of it we can talk... email me at [email protected]
Nothing for my gen I could think of claiming...if you're willing to part with your front air damn, contact Creepy. He needs some to play with to make reverse molds.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Glad you're here. Welcome to the club. Everyone here is so cool and always willing to help and hook up.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welcome, find the florida roll call thread and hit that up, fellow FL (orlando) member right here!
Tru. I hit it up originally when I joined; just a lil blip. I was in Orlando for about 5yrs, still have camping buddies up there.

I'll be trying to get some pics up soon. FedEx brought me my shopping cart defender guards according to the e-mail, I'm not at home, so haven't got a chance to open the boxes yet! I probably shouldn't I don't have time to play with them for a while, hopefully this weekend....and YES def going to be taking before/after pix, and I may do a write up if there isn't one already for my gen.

:wink-big:

·
prop jock
1,090 Posts
welcome to the club! where'd you get the hid conversion from? i've been shopping around for a good one but haven't found any that i like yet.

and don't worry about the 2wd.....it can do a lot more than you think. we've got quite a few members on here who only have 2wd and wheel it regularly. the x can go places in 2wd that most other stock rigs can't go in 4lo.....it's just that cool of a vehicle

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
welcome to the club! where'd you get the hid conversion from? i've been shopping around for a good one but haven't found any that i like yet.
I've had my HID kit in for about 6 months now; I actually did a bunch of research on them before I went to see what I could find on e-bay.

I ended up getting them off of e-bay for about $150 for the kit and free shipping. I had to play with the guys at the stealership when I first put them in because there's no easy way to adjust the headlight vertical alignment. Just took a few minutes. I always mark/check/adjust when I do lights, I don't like being "that guy" on the road.

PM me if you want the HID kit details and company. I don't remember it off hand, but I'll look it up off e-bay. It was honestly the easiest install I've done to a vehicle yet, the kit came with everything including inline fuses. The only snag was the trigger for the actuator for the high beams. It was pre-wired backwards. When the lows were on, the highs were triggered...so I just had to flip the leads from where it connected to the stock headlight trigger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts