Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been coming to this site just about everyday while working on my 2004 rwd Xterra, and thought it was about time I make an account so I could jump in on the fun. So my name's Zach and i'm 18. I bought my xterra off of a teacher from my middle school. It had been sitting in her yark collecting moss for about 2 years and was used to store trash inside and provided a home to a couple wasp families. So you guys can probably understand why I fell in love with it. I bought it knowing it needed a lot of work, and I wanted to be the one to do it. So i got it running after replacing the starter, oil, and air filter and drove it home. since then i've been restoring the absolute hell out of it. here's a list of what i did:
New
-starter, alternator, filters all around, fluids all around, water pump, belts all around, fuel injectors, hoses of all kinds, 90% of all engine gaskets, valves, headliner, speakers, radiator support, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor

What I added:
reverse camera, head unit, amplifier, rubber floormats, catch can.

I also repainted just about every part of the engine too because rust was a huge issue

Here's what she looks like! If anyone has any questions, ask away!
20191117_113117.jpg
20191117_135619.jpg
20200420_142704.jpg
20200420_142738.jpg
20210328_170551.jpg
20210328_170820.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Miles? Unless you have proof of when it was done or you've already done it, change that timing belt.

Looks like a lot of work but still lots of fun. I always like to see an 18 year old who can still work on cars. Most 18 year olds these days don't know a car from a carburetor because they just get a brand new car from mommy and daddy. They never have to learn how to fix up an older car which can be a good skill to know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miles? Unless you have proof of when it was done or you've already done it, change that timing belt.

Looks like a lot of work but still lots of fun. I always like to see an 18 year old who can still work on cars. Most 18 year olds these days don't know a car from a carburetor because they just get a brand new car from mommy and daddy. They never have to learn how to fix up an older car which can be a good skill to know.
Exactly! i hate my generation haha. I've been growing up in the wrong decade. Also the timing belt has been swapped! and the odometer is at 159,129 miles

·
Registered
2001 Xterra XE 3.3 V6 Auto 4WD
73 Posts
Welcome to the group I love the hose swap the engine looks super clean. Where did you get the hoses? I love a good restoration project, that x shined up nice.

Reactions: zfischer1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the group I love the hose swap the engine looks super clean. Where did you get the hoses? I love a good restoration project, that x shined up nice.
First off, thank you so much for the kind words. I really wanted to make the X feel like it was mine, so i figured a splash of purple (my favorite color) would do just that. I got the hoses off of ebay from a brand called TT Racing. i wanna say that i paid roughly $65-$70 for all of them. A little painful for my wallet, but they're silicone, so they'll last a long time. The paint i used was purple metalcast paint from Duplicolor.

If you have any other questions i'll be happy to answer them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts