Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Hello community, Sad news

937 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  02SCVG33parts 
#1 ·

It's the end of an era for me and my X. I hit some ice at about 40mph along Yellowstone River, slid off the road, rolled, and landed on all four tires. Im probably going to have to have it scrapped but thought I would post here and FB first. I didn't hit anything, and I took really good care of the engine. It's an 02 Supercharged manual and has the VG33E motor. I was somehow fine after rolling (seatbelts save lives) and the vehicle was still running. She folded perfectly outward on the roof and saved me a head injury. I turned the ignition off myself. When I was in the ambulance getting checked the firefighters cut the battery cable. I haven't tried to do anything with it. I could possibly have the vehicle moved and store at cost but Im honestly ready to be done with the whole situation. That being said I am open to the community's offers and opinions. I am happy to take parts off, especially the supercharger and intake. I have changed the plugs and valve cover gaskets (using advise from this forum) in the past so Im comfortable taking that off. The wheels and seats are in great shape too. all of the doors open and close still, including the hatch.
This community has helped me maintain my 02 4x4 S/C MT Xterra over the years. I would love to see things saved off of it to keep other Xterra's on the road. Thanks for all the advise and knowledge from this community. Also if anyone out there has advise on keeping this thing for myself and using the parts to rebuild something else I might be open to that. I have access to a shop and most tools I would need Im sure, but its kinda out of my league I think.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry to welcome you under these circumstances, but glad that you're still here and in one piece!

I'm sending you a PM and may be interested in buying the entire rig. We can talk details there.

If you end up with another 4WD SUV, stop by again even if it's not an Xterra. It would be interesting to see where life's journey takes you.

#4 ·
View attachment 80740
It's the end of an era for me and my X. I hit some ice at about 40mph along Yellowstone River, slid off the road, rolled, and landed on all four tires. Im probably going to have to have it scrapped but thought I would post here and FB first. I didn't hit anything, and I took really good care of the engine. It's an 02 Supercharged manual and has the VG33E motor. I was somehow fine after rolling (seatbelts save lives) and the vehicle was still running. She folded perfectly outward on the roof and saved me a head injury. I turned the ignition off myself. When I was in the ambulance getting checked the firefighters cut the battery cable. I haven't tried to do anything with it. I could possibly have the vehicle moved and store at cost but Im honestly ready to be done with the whole situation. That being said I am open to the community's offers and opinions. I am happy to take parts off, especially the supercharger and intake. I have changed the plugs and valve cover gaskets (using advise from this forum) in the past so Im comfortable taking that off. The wheels and seats are in great shape too. all of the doors open and close still, including the hatch.
This community has helped me maintain my 02 4x4 S/C MT Xterra over the years. I would love to see things saved off of it to keep other Xterra's on the road. Thanks for all the advise and knowledge from this community. Also if anyone out there has advise on keeping this thing for myself and using the parts to rebuild something else I might be open to that. I have access to a shop and most tools I would need Im sure, but its kinda out of my league I think.
Very sorry to hear that, at least you are ok. We would take the supercharger and parts. Could use nice front seat bases, the only wear in ours is the drivers side seat base, cloth is wore a little.

#10 ·
I know that D. Walton's son could really use the manual transmission. His bell housing recently broke.

Here's he thread...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.