Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say I am so excited on becoming a site sponsor. I look forward to working with you all and providing as much support as possible to the best of my ability.

Please subscribe to this forum so you can keep up to date with all the sales, discounts and news we will have in the future.

Thanks everyone!

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
I could use some help actually....V6 2004 X, automatic.

In this drawing:

I need a lower timing belt cover bolt and rubber washer...for a part my local dealer can't seem to find. Lower Cover = Part # 13035 in drawing.

Essentially, if you look at the lower timing belt cover, there is a bolt hole at the very bottom of it beneath the crank shaft...and, one up to the passenger side of that hole.

I need the small one that goes into the one up and to the P-Side of the one under the crank shaft.

(And washer for it.)

Its a short bolt with a rubber washer.

Part # 13540AC (in above drawing) was their FIRST guess, but, the one that came was a long bolt with threads on the end and a bare shank...which was 100% the wrong one.

Which one is that in the drawing? No one seems to be able to tell, as the drawing it tilted away from the side that's needed to see it.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instances like that can be tricky if not carefully looked at. The part your dealer selected says it only requires 1 per vehicle, which you say is incorrect since it's too long. The next step I would take is to find out if that bolt is the same anywhere else on the timing cover... such as 13540A. That bolt in the pictures says it requires 7 per vehicle... And what I usually do is call another dealer that shows it in stock to have them measure it. Which come to find out is roughly about 1" long.... So maybe you need bolt 13540A....?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts